ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-com-amendment-30jun16]

Keep the pricing fair and low, please.

  • To: comments-com-amendment-30jun16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Keep the pricing fair and low, please.
  • From: Mike Solstice <solstice@acid.email>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 07:57:42 -0700

I am writing to voice my concern regarding the .com Amendment and to
strongly encourage ICANN to keep the current limits in place; in fact,
given that it's 2016 .coms could really stand to go down a bit compared to
other domains. We're already seeing $30 renewals at some places, anything
higher would be highly damaging and likely see a mass exodus from .com
altogether. Unfortunately Verisign is a corporation so they can't be
counted on to take that into account - or hold that higher than their value
for profits. Thank you for all that you do.

--
Respectfully,
Mike Solstice