ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-igo-ingo-crp-prelim-10mar14]

Do Not Trample On Domain Registrant Rights

  • To: <comments-igo-ingo-crp-prelim-10mar14@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Do Not Trample On Domain Registrant Rights
  • From: "Alex Lerman" <alexlerman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:11:52 -0700

Thank you for accepting my comment for your consideration.

Yes, many NGOs/IGOs do valuable work. However, it would NOT be fair to
sacrifice the legitimate rights of existing domain name registrants. Acronym
domain names are valuable in the free market and often have multiple
legitimate applications. We do NOT need new regulation that creates
loopholes that incentivize NGOs/IGOs to grab valuable domain names that
rightfully belong to others. Do NOT infringe on the legal rights of millions
of existing domain name registrants. Thank you for your attention to this
important matter.

Best regards,
Alex Lerman
Concerned citizen and domain name registrant.