ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Protect Privacy, Save WHOIS

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Protect Privacy, Save WHOIS
  • From: Chris Nizzardini <cnizzardini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:46:49 -0600

Dear ICANN,

I don't want some mentally unstable person to lookup my personal address,
phone number or any other details about me. I run a home business and I'm
fine with my clients knowing I work out of the home and even having those
clients over for meetings or drinks. What I don't want is some nutcase like
that guy in South Carolina who killed nine people being able to look me up
online. The first time its determined that WHOIS information was used to
determine someone's location to murder, assault, or commit a hate crime, is
the time when you folks will be in a world of trouble if you allow this to
go through. This is a safety issue just as much as it is a privacy issue.

Sincerely,

Chris Nizzardini