ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Re: iCANN--Respect Internet Users' Privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: iCANN--Respect Internet Users' Privacy
  • From: "David M. Hodges" <piouseye@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 20:42:37 -0700

​
Dear ICANN:

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

Though I do not plan to renew any "privacy protection" to which I currently
subscribe (I only signed up because it was free for a year), I believe
persons who wish to hide their private information from the general public
should remain free to do so. I therefore urge you to respect internet
users' rights to privacy and due process. No one’s personal information
should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the request
comes from a private individual or government agency.

Thank you for your time,

David M. Hodges
*Freelance Editor/Proofreader/Writer/Researcher*
https://www.elance.com/s/davidmhodges/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/piouseye
http://referralkey.com/davidmhodges

LEGAL NOTICES

*Confidentiality: *This electronic message, including attachments, is for
the sole use of the named recipient and may contain confidential or
privileged information protected by the State of California, Federal
regulations, or Divine or Angelic agency. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure, copying, distribution, or employment in pagan ritual is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender and destroy
all copies of the original message. Thank you.

*Copyright: *This message copyright David M. Hodges, all rights reserved.
In case of replies and forwards, quoted text (below, if applicable) remains
the property of the original writer, unless otherwise noted.

END OF MESSAGE