ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

submission to ICANN - please act to ban all proxy services that enable stalkers, cyber bullies and paedophiles to run anonymous websites

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: submission to ICANN - please act to ban all proxy services that enable stalkers, cyber bullies and paedophiles to run anonymous websites
  • From: mary-ann martinek <studiomartinek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:35:36 +1000

Dear ICANN,

Reference:

A.
http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/fears-website-owners-will-be-stripped-of-anonymity-under-icann-proposal-20150626-ghyb4y.html

I am being stalked by a person who regular hides behind proxy services to
prevent me and local police from knowing who the person is.

It tool me a year to have the www.suzylovich.com <http://www.suzylovich.com/>
website taken down after it posted up hate, copyright breaches and defamatory
material about me.

I managed to report Abuse and DCMA breaches to the Service Provider who
eventually removed the hate site permanently.

The person then re-commenced the same course of conduct under a new website
www.mystalker.info <http://www.mystalker.info/> , using proxy services to hide
their identity, which continues to publish hate, defamatory material and is
hiding its website owner details.

These type of people are operating outside of the law and are able to do so
because proxy services are not banned.

i wish to support ICANN proposal to ban proxy services so that legitimate
people and businesses can operate online, not anonymous stalkers who currently
are able to evade the law. I believe that such people will stop their course of
conduct ONCE ICANN bans proxy services permanently.

yours faithfully,

maryann martinek
www.maryannmartinek.com

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
The information contained in this email is private and confidential. It is
intended only for the stated addressee(s) and access to it by any other person
is unauthorised and liable for prosecution. If you are not an addressee, you
must not disclose, copy or circulate this information. Such unauthorised use is
deemed unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please inform
maryann martinek immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.
While the sender  makes every effort to keep our network free from viruses I
take no responsibility for any computer virus which might be transferred by way
of this email.  The views expressed in this email are those of the sender and
may not be representative of the views of any third party or subsidiary
associated with the transmission of this correspondence.