ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

iCANN - Respect My Privacy Please

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: iCANN - Respect My Privacy Please
  • From: Greg Walker <gwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:50:26 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation
Issues Policy document):

*ssdsbergen.org <http://ssdsbergen.org>* is a domain for a Jewish school
and as I'm sure you're aware there has been violence directly targeting
Jewish people. Giving anyone more easily accessible information about ME
(the domain admin) is NOT OK.

In fact, I'm not Jewish but could see violence targeted at me because I'm
working for a Jewish organization. I would no longer feel as safe as I do
currently, and that's not fair.

*rankinnetworks.com <http://rankinnetworks.com>* is my personal domain and
handing out my personal address to anyone who wants to see it is downright
dangerous. I don't own a storefront and don't want random people pulling up
my home address at a whim. That's not fair.

If I'm unable to use private WHOIS services I will cancel all of my
personal domains and alter the name of all my work domains.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
-- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
-- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

Thank you for listening.

*Greg Walker Network Administrator (201) 262-9898 x288*

*Follow us on:   <https://www.facebook.com/ssdsbergen>
<https://twitter.com/SSDSBergen>
<http://instagram.com/ssdsbergen> [image: Solomon Schechter Day School of
Bergen County] <http://www.youtube.com/user/SchechterBergen>*