ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Save online privacy rights!

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>, "policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx" <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Save online privacy rights!
  • From: <johnmoakler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 17:42:34 +0000

Dear ICANN, I am writing this email because I have serious concerns over my
privacy rights being taken away. This is regarding the proposed rules governing
companies that provide WHOIS privacy services (as set forth in the Privacy and
Policy Services Accreditation Issues Policy document). I urge you to respect
internet users' rights to privacy and due process. Unless I am doing something
illegal or immoral and a court order requires that my idenity be revealed, I
strongly believe that everyone deserves the right to privacy. No one’s personal
information should be revealed without a court order, regardless of whether the
request comes from a private individual or law enforcement agency. In order for
my private information to be revealed, law enforcement must be required to get
a signed court order. Private information should be kept private. Thank you.
Sincerely yours, John MoaklerFinancial PlannerEmail:
johnmoakler@sympatico.caOffice: (416) 840-8544