ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

WHOIS privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: WHOIS privacy
  • From: Dan Langille <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 13:24:42 -0400

WHOIS privacy for domains is vitally important to personal security on the
internet.

If someone chooses to remain anonymous, this must be respected.

Don't let law enforcements and groups with personal interests in this area to
override this long-held custom.

Revealing person information such as phone numbers and addresses opens up
avenues of abuse and stalking.

The term "commercial purposes" is rather vague.  Please don't force use to
reveal personal details for the internet to view just because I sell my
home-made jam over my personal website.

Don't make me reveal my home address just because I have ads on my home page.

—
Dan Langille
http://langille.org/