ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Our privacy should be respected and protected

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>, "policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx" <policy-staff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Our privacy should be respected and protected
  • From: Bodhi Ponyo <bodhiponyo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2015 21:20:31 -0300

Dear ICANN, Putting private information out open will only make criminals who
steal or seek personal information happy. It will do no good for the good
people other than making their lives miserable. Especially in developing
countries (or we can say 3rd world countries), this information can be used in
very dangerous ways. There are many many ways this information can harm people
and the beauty of internet but if you can’t think of any bad scenarios here is
one very simple scenario for you to consider:     - Say, I’m an atheist and
writing stuff online, this will only make me a prey for the extremist. Of
course I’m not an important person, so no one will even care about me getting
threatened or killed. And if I’m living in a 3rd world country no one will even
hear about me. (Do you think I’m exaggerating? Even today a person who is
drawing caricatures about muslim’s prophet can be killed in a developed
country, what do you think happens in other countries.) This will only make
people afraid and stop writing and talking about issues. Needless to say
internet will not be the same again. I urge you to respect, and protect even,
internet users' rights to privacy and due process. - Everyone deserves the
right to privacy.- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a
court order, regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual
or law enforcement agency. Private information should be kept private, and
should be protected for everyone. Regards,