ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Please respect our ICANN privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Please respect our ICANN privacy
  • From: Jordan Saints <jordanasaints@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2015 19:44:03 -0700

Dear ICANN Representative,

Having seen the proposed rules regarding companies that provide WHOIS
privacy services to "commercial activity" websites, I am writing you to
ask, nay, *beg* you to please respect internet users' right to privacy and
NOT allow these proposed rules to be established.

Personally, I host multiple personal websites across multiple hosting
providers, all of which make use of WHOIS domain privacy services. I am not
participating in "commercial activity," but "commercial activity" is far
too broad a term to think that I could never fall under that net to an
outside observer. Do I deserve to have my home address published online or
turned over to some company without legal due process?

If you enact these proposed rules, the privacy of all domain owners, both
personal and commercial, will be entirely at risk. Our right to privacy is
guaranteed by 4th amendment of the Constitution, please do not further
infringe on our rights by allowing this private information to become
public without due process.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.

  - Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
  - No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. The end.

Please respect the public and we will respect you. Thank you.

---
Jordan Saints
Web Developer at LinkedIn
www.jordansaints.com