ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

I have right to keep my privacy

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: I have right to keep my privacy
  • From: "Aster ." <asterkle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 13:19:59 +0900

Dear ICANN –

I am really frightened by your going-backward proposal that infringes the
elementary right of people to protect their privacy. I'm sure that you
don't have any right to force to disclose my home address and phone number
all over internet and spoil my life only because I own a domain.
 I am not a criminal and the whois guard protects me from the real
criminals lurking all over internet.

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private.

Thank you.