ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Jason Jerris Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Jason Jerris Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: Jason Jerris <mobile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 20:22:29 -0400

Dear ICANN –

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document): why are you making it easier for spammers, crooks or
criminals to obtain address information. Why are we still promoting such an
antiquated concept as Whois anyways? Any obsesne or otherwise criminal website
will not have correct information always? Why force good citizens to provide
these same criminals information to harass or otherwise use this information
for their benefit?

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one’s personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Jason Jerris
(904) 755-6331
www.jsoncreative.com
www.charitycog.org

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: This message and any associated attachments may
contain information that is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for
the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended
recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this
communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful. Nothing in this message is intended to constitute an electronic
signature or consent, Thank you.