ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

ICANN - Patricia Leslie Says Respect Our Privacy

  • To: "comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx" <comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: ICANN - Patricia Leslie Says Respect Our Privacy
  • From: "Leslie, Patricia" <pleslie@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 17:38:10 +0000

Dear ICANN -

Regarding the proposed rules governing companies that provide WHOIS privacy
services (as set forth in the Privacy and Policy Services Accreditation Issues
Policy document):

I urge you to respect internet users' rights to privacy and due process.
- Everyone deserves the right to privacy.
- No one's personal information should be revealed without a court order,
regardless of whether the request comes from a private individual or law
enforcement agency.

Private information should be kept private. Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Patricia Leslie

This message is being sent from a law firm and may contain confidential or
privileged information. If you are not the
intended  recipient,  please advise  the  sender  immediately  by  reply
e-mail  and  delete  this  message and  any
attachments  without  retaining  a  copy.

Throughout this communication, "Cleary Gottlieb" and the "firm" refer to Cleary
Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP and
its affiliated entities in certain jurisdictions, and the term "offices"
includes offices of those affiliated entities.

Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP is a limited liability partnership
registered in England and Wales (number OC310280).
It is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.  A list
of the members and their professional
 qualifications is open to inspection at the registered office, City Place
House, 55 Basinghall Street, London EC2V5EH.

For further information on the way in which the Firm is regulated, please visit
our website at
http://www.cgsh.com/regulation-notice/.