ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

Protect WHOIS registry details privacy!

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Protect WHOIS registry details privacy!
  • From: Aatheus <virtualhermit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 00:22:42 -0700

I do not want companies or individuals to use my contact details for
spam, harassment, stalking, or any other purposes. There are legitimate
and powerful tools already to deal with copyright issues and other
illegal activities. This blanket decision will imperil safe,
pseudoanonymous expression of divisive or unpopular opinions, and
potentially place many people into actual danger of physical or
emotional harm.

-Jeff Orr