ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-ppsai-initial-05may15]

In support of Whois Privacy - Recommendation to NOT TO ADOPT the PPSAI Proposal

  • To: comments-ppsai-initial-05may15@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: In support of Whois Privacy - Recommendation to NOT TO ADOPT the PPSAI Proposal
  • From: Bryce Mickler <bryce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 12:38:27 -0500

Hello,

Regarding the recent proposal being reviewed, "Initial Report on the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues Policy Development Process" (https://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/raa/ppsai-initial-05may15-en.pdf), I ask that you NOT adopt this policy.

Adoption of this policy will hurt internet users by reducing their access to privacy, opening them up to personal attack and chill free speech in general.

I use Whois Privacy services to keep my contact information from being harvested by spammers, identity thieves and other jerks who just want to troll people. I have registered domains in the past without using this service and have had to close down email addresses due to the amount of spam/phishing received. This is a real thing.

We need to strengthen Whois Privacy services, not weaken them.

Sincerely,

Bryce M.

---
Please don't print this email unless you really have to.