ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-proposed-measures-two-char-08jul16]

HK comments on ICANN’s Proposed Measures for Letter/Letter Two-Character ASCII Labels to Avoid Confusion with Corresponding Country Codes

  • To: comments-proposed-measures-two-char-08jul16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: HK comments on ICANN’s Proposed Measures for Letter/Letter Two-Character ASCII Labels to Avoid Confusion with Corresponding Country Codes
  • From: HK GAC<hkgacrep@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 11:44:20 +0800

ASCII labels to avoid confusion with corresponding country codes, we would
like to reiterate our views on 24 March, 27 May and 3 December 2015 on the
following two categories of new gTLDs, that they SHALL NOT be released for
ALL requests:

(a) New gTLDs associated with Highly-regulated Sectors/Closed Entry
Requirements in Multiple Jurisdictions and Inherently Governmental
Functions as set out in ICANN NGPC Resolution No. 2014.02.05.NG01; and

(b) New gTLDs falling within the category of Geographic gTLDs referred to
in ICANN’s New gTLD Program (i.e. the gTLD string is a geographic name as
provided in the ICANN's gTLD Applicant Guidebook), and .capital, .city,
.country, .town, and .world.

Best Regards,
Tony WONG
Alternate GAC Representative of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region,
China