ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[comments-tel-renewal-04aug16]

Comment about Renewal of .TEL Registry Agreement

  • To: comments-tel-renewal-04aug16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Comment about Renewal of .TEL Registry Agreement
  • From: Luis Hernández <luis@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2016 21:11:58 -0500

To whom it may concern,

I have a small number of .tel domains. My comment on this topic is as follows:

1. The management of these domains has been disastrous by Telnic. Not only at the administrative level, but also in no communication with the community that formed around these domains. It seems that Telnic has no interest in continue to manage the extension, beyond benefits for renewal fees. ICANN should consider not renew the agreement with Telnic.

2. The ability to store information directly in the DNS was an innovative feature, responding to a need for a decade. But over time it has become the largest of its burdens. Those who have a domain under this extension we are limited by scarce resources involved storing information in DNS. ICANN should consider eliminating these restrictions. I'm sure if you are allowed to use these domains a normal hosting can become an attractive option for the end user.

Best Regards,
Luis Hernández
México