ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

EOI's

  • To: <draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: EOI's
  • From: "Jim Willenborg" <jimw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 12:48:45 -0800

I see two types of comments in this forum - those from supporters of

the general idea of EOIs with thoughtful comments intended to better

structure the EOI program specifically and the new gTLD program in

general, and those from trademark lawyers with terse, one or

two-sentence comments expressing their opposition to the process

without providing any meaningful input.

What is also puzzling to me is that very few (if any) brands have

actually expressed their opposition to the EOI plan. It is trademark

attorneys, who I might add have a vested interest in delaying the

process to increase their billings, who are leading the charge against

EOIs and for further delay.

Furthermore, INTA's encouragement to spam the comment forum on EOIs is

unseemly and again, does not serve to advance the debate.

Jim Willenborg

Cloud Telecomputers, LLC

3053 Fillmore #248

San Francisco, CA 94123