ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[draft-eoi-model]

EOI Comment

  • To: draft-eoi-model@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: EOI Comment
  • From: Clark Landry <clarklandry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:58:54 -0800

I won’t rehash the arguments for EOIs that have been posted previously
by Antony Van Couvering and my other colleagues at Minds + Machines.
What I will add is a plea to ICANN to make a timely decision on EOIs
one way or the other.

ICANN will never achieve consensus among all stakeholders on certain
issues related to the EOI/new gTLD process. Further delays serve no
reasonable purpose. I would suggest that ICANN read the comments,
evaluate the strength of the arguments for and against, and make an
informed, conclusive, decision.

Best regards,
Clark Landry