ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[dssa]

[dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from DSSA Meeting 19-01-2012

  • To: "dssa@xxxxxxxxx" <dssa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [dssa] Adobe Connect - Chat Transcript from DSSA Meeting 19-01-2012
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 06:56:01 -0800

  Rossella Mattioli:Hi all!
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello!
  Jim Galvin:If we're going to include the root server hints file we should
consider the resolver configuration file too, since it could be used to
maliciously redirect forwarding at a resolver.
  Takayasu Matsuura:trust anchor
  CLO:why not seperate?
  Joerg:Are we taking about DNS or DNSSEC providers or both?
  Mark Kosters:tier1
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:Would theInternet be affected if the gmail.com domain
disappeared off the DNS?
  Olivier Crepin-Leblond:or the google.com domain? Would this cause more
traffic due to failed connects to google servers?
  Mark Kosters:a small managed dns customer
  Mark Kosters:list
  Joerg:But how about operators with millions of CPE's as costomers
  Jacques Latour:nop
  Joerg:ok
  Mark Kosters:sounds good
  Rossella Mattioli:thank you