ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] IDN Working Group Chair voting procedure

  • To: "'Mawaki Chango'" <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>, "'GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] IDN Working Group Chair voting procedure
  • From: "Olof Nordling" <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:32:31 +0100

Mawaki and all,
Just to recapitulate the history a bit, the launch of the WG stems from a
resolution by the GNSO Council on 18 May this year:
http://gnso.icann.org/resolutions/#200605

The resolution,20060518-04, reads initially:
"That the GNSO Council forms a GNSO working group of volunteers,
conversant with the IDN issues raised in the IDN issues report."

For those having volunteered to this working group, a mailing list was
established on 15 June, see:
http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-idn-wg/msg00000.html

I hope this can serve to refresh our collective memory.
Very best regards and wishing you a nice weekend
Olof