ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: Fwd: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Issues list item

  • To: Tan Tin Wee <tinwee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] Issues list item
  • From: Will Rodger <wrodger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 09:08:21 -0500

Tan Tin Wee wrote:

So there has to be a balance here. Whatever it is, failure to
take governments seriously or taking an adversarial approach
to governments or govt sponsored organisations in the matter of
language and scripts is a recipe for rapid failure, international
furore, and embarrassment at the naivette of governance
wannabees in the new world order of the Internet.

I don't think anyone here wants to dismiss governmental contributions, By the same token, I think it behooves the BC to treat governments -- in this matter -- as parties that may or may not have something to offer. The best solution has to win, regardless of origin.

Will