ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Unified rules within a DNS subtree

  • To: "Steve Crocker" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Unified rules within a DNS subtree
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 14:19:50 +1100

Hello All,

Just to clarify my earlier posting.

> > For ccTLDs:
> >
> > - top level - ICANN contractual term with registry operator
> >
> > - second level - best practice/education
> >
> > - third and lower level -  - best practice/education

My use of the term ccTLD above could be misunderstood.  I was not
intending to refer to the 2-letter codes recorded in ISO 3166-1 tables.

I was intending to mean that if IDNs were allocated for the purposes of
having a meaning equivalent to the name of a country, then I expect that
the second level of such IDNs would be managed by the local policy
entity.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin