ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] IDN Working Group proposal

  • To: subbiah <subbiah@xxxxxxxxx>, "Tan Tin Wee" <tinwee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Yoav Keren" <yoav@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] IDN Working Group proposal
  • From: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 07:52:14 -0800

Dear All,

I really apologies to all concerned.  I slipped up badly.  This is not an
mail that I was intended to be posted to the mailing list.
Warm regards,
Sophia

On 08/03/07, Sophia B <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This proposal was made by the Mike Rodenbaugh (Commercial and Business > > Users Constituency of the GNSO) on the call of the IDN Working Group > > that > > took place on 27 February, 2007, and is forwarded to the Working Group > > on > > the direction of the Chair, Ram Mohan > > Ok guys, very obvious. Politics? Mike, the new BC rep is having major problems with Marilyn, see it in RN group. So he wants everything run by us, because he know Merilyn nominated RAM and is picking him as an expert. Have no problem with RAM, but time to show the group that you are the experts. use examples etc. maybe I was right when I send txt to Ram while we were running for chair (am friendly with him u know), saying whatever goes up comes down!....after all he took my seat, and excluded u guys, now you are in...and you r asked your opinions...go get him.. ha ha

2nd, we will bring the cnhh-- issues as recommendation and the Tin wee's
issue as well, it does not matter if they do not understand or gets
implemented.  They all do it at the Rn group.  Not accept if 'wording' does
not cover for this or that, impact on future innovation, user protection,
DNS stability, you name it, to a point where Mike thought it was ridiculous
of Avri to insist additions of "meaningless words" is what he dared call it
just for the sake of argument.  At least ours is not meaningless so it must
hold.

cheers
Sophia