ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

[gnso-idn-wg] Re: 4.1.1 Support & Alternate Views

  • To: "'Sophia B'" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-idn-wg@xxxxxxxxx>, "'GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-idn-wg] Re: 4.1.1 Support & Alternate Views
  • From: "Ram Mohan" <rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:25:07 -0400

Olof:

There seems to be enough support to convert the following to a Support
statement.

--

Support: resolve IDN policy issues before launch of application round.

--

What is the WG view on Sophia's suggested modification to 4.1.1:

Support for a first application round open to both non-IDN gTLDs and
IDN gTLDs, if possible, as long as the IDN criteria setting process is
completed.

--

Is there continued support for this statement, or should this become an
Alternate View?

Support for options to reserve IDN gTLD strings in case the first
application round can only address non-IDN gTLD applications fully.

Regards,

Ram

  _____