ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Item 4.5.4

  • To: "'subbiah'" <subbiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-idn-wg] Item 4.5.4
  • From: "Ram Mohan" <rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:28:44 -0400

Subbiah,
I understand your statement (and as a native Tamil speaker, was rolling on
the floor laughing at your example ;)

I have no issues with the points you bring up regarding "sounding similar",
and in fact vehemently agree.

To clarify what I meant in my statement - I understood Charles to say that
there is precedent in trademark law regarding confusing similarity using
phonemes.  Insofar as there is legal precedent and case law, then we should
allow the law to run its course.

-Ram