ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] On 4.4.2

  • To: rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] On 4.4.2
  • From: subbiah <subbiah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:32:36 -0800

That's more or less what I had in mind, of course depending on the levels of support/dissent. I am sure Olof is taking notes on the extent of such.

Subbiah

p.s. Tough job, Olof, keeping track of all these email threads. Thanks

Ram Mohan wrote:

Subbiah,
Yes, the "alternative view" could easily be converted into just a statement
of fact.  Olof, could you make this happen, perhaps as a "Note" similar to
other "Notes" elsewhere.

Where I see all this coming to is:
-> There is Support (as we define the word in our WG) for the "Support"
position stated in 4.4.2.  Leave it as-is.
-> What is missing is the "Alternate View", or perhaps another "Support"
statement that states the opposing perspective - I think the WG should see
the formulation of this statement.  We would then state both points of view
for the record.

Does this work for you and the rest of the WG?

-Ram

Ram Mohan
e: rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx | m: +1.215.431.0958