ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-idn-wg]

Re: [gnso-idn-wg] 4.3.3 elevation to Agreeement...

  • To: rmohan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-idn-wg] 4.3.3 elevation to Agreeement...
  • From: "Tan, William" <William.Tan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 01:44:00 -0400

I second that. Not sure how that translate to the new document / BCP that ICANN is planning to move towards though.
Perhaps Tina can weigh in on that.

=wil

Ram Mohan wrote:

I recommend we move 4.3.3 to Agreement, especially since all new registries are going to be contractually required to comply with the ICANN IDN Guidelines anyway.

*4.3.3 (OLD)*

*Support* for pursuing compliance with ICANN IDN Guidelines.

Note: The New gTLD Recommendations foresee compliance with ICANN IDN Guidelines as a standard contractual condition.

--

*4.3.3 (SUGGESTED NEW)*

Agreement that all new IDN gTLD applicants must comply with ICANN IDN Guidelines.

-Ram