ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt]

[gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] For your review: draft policy + implementation timing

  • To: "gnso-impl-irtpc-rt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-impl-irtpc-rt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-impl-irtpc-rt] For your review: draft policy + implementation timing
  • From: Caitlin Tubergen <caitlin.tubergen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 00:21:37 +0000

Hi, Team.

For those of you unable to make it to today¹s call, please find a recording
here: https://icann.adobeconnect.com/p4maun572zp/.

I have attached the latest draft of the policy, which has a small change as
a result of today¹s call.  There are also a few numbering changes.

There are a few things that we are awaiting feedback on.  Specifically,
please take a look at:

(1) the definition of ³Designated Agent² in paragraph 1(c).

(2) the circumstances described in paragraph 2.3, specifically 2.3(iv).
(The IRT wanted to confirm that this gave registrars enough flexibility to
update Whois information in the event of potential abuse).

Also, I asked the members on the call about timing for coming into
compliance once the policy is announced.  The default policy cycle is six
months
(https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/gdd-policy-change-calendar-13ma
y15-en.pdf), but the members on the call today asked for registrars input on
if six months is enough time.  We may, for example, choose to deviate from
the standard six month cycle.

If you have any further comments on the attached draft or on the policy
cycle timing, please provide feedback by Thursday, 30 July, two weeks from
today¹s date.

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Caitlin Tubergen
Registrar Relations and Contracts Manager
ICANN