ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-iocrc-dt]

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Help with uploading IOC/RC comment

  • To: "Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>, Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, "wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Help with uploading IOC/RC comment
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 16:24:36 +0000

Thanks Mary.
Chuck

From: Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2012 11:16 AM
To: gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx; Margie Milam;
wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Gomes, Chuck

Hi Chuck and everyone,

I hesitate to speak for all the NCSG Councilors, but I believe I can say that
we will not support the motion as a package despite the welcome changes made in
the interim by the DT. It may make a difference to a few if the motion is
split, as was discussed at some point, but I don't believe that is currently
the plan so we don't have a unified position on this option.

Cheers

Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong@xxxxxxx.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on the
Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584
As of August 30, 2010, Franklin Pierce Law Center has affiliated with the
University of New Hampshire and is now known as the University of New Hampshire
School of Law. Please note that all email addresses have changed and now follow
the convention: firstname.lastname@xxxxxxxxxxx. For more information on the
University of New Hampshire School of Law, please visit law.unh.edu

"Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Mary.Wong@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx"
<gnso-iocrc-dt@xxxxxxxxx>, Margie Milam <Margie.Milam@xxxxxxxxx>, Wolfgang
Kleinwächter<wolfgang.kleinwaechter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

3/26/2012 9:58 AM

RE: [gnso-iocrc-dt] RE: Help with uploading IOC/RC comment

Thanks Mary.  The changes to the motion you describe below were the ones that
the DT wanted to get more feedback on from our various groups.  The motion, if
amended, would look like the redline version attached.
If I understand you correctly, the NCSG PC would still not support the motion,
even with these amendments.  Is that correct?
Chuck