ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08]

RE: [gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08] Issue III

  • To: "Michael Collins" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-irtp-pdp-jun08] Issue III
  • From: "Steele, Barbara" <BSteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:16:45 -0400

Michael,
I agree that the bulk transfer is not intended to apply to registrant
transfers but would be registrar to registrar transfers.  As Tim
indicated, the concern raised by the original group was very much along
the lines described in NewLevel's BTAPPA service.  However, there was
also discussion around use of the bulk transfer functionality to effect
the transfer of a partial portfolio of domain names associated with a
reseller who has become an ICANN accredited registrar and wishes to
transfer their domains to their new accreditation.  I don't believe that
the NeuLevel service addresses this circumstance but I could be
incorrect.

Barbara Steele
Compliance Officer
VeriSign Information Services
bsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Direct: 703.948.3343
Mobile: 703.622.1071
Fax:  703.421.4873
21345 Ridgetop Circle
Dulles, VA  20166

Notice to Recipient:  This e-mail contains confidential, proprietary
and/or Registry Sensitive information intended solely for the recipient
and, thus may not be retransmitted, reproduced or disclosed without the
prior written consent of VeriSign Naming and Directory Services.  If you
have received this e-mail message in error, please notify the sender
immediately by telephone or reply e-mail and destroy the original