ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-metrep-wg]

[gnso-metrep-wg] MetRep Charter

  • To: <gnso-metrep-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-metrep-wg] MetRep Charter
  • From: "Berry Cobb" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 17:54:35 -0700

DT Members,

As discussed today, our only mission for now is to develop a charter for the
WG and have it approved by the GNSO Council.  I've attached the charter
template for you to review and begin formulating the Purpose, Scope,
Objectives, Goals and deliverables.  We only need to focus on Section II and
the three sub-sections within it.  The WG is scheduled to meet again next
week at 14 UTC, 23 Oct when we will continue with development of the
charter.

The final Issue Report is our guide to formulate the charter
(http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/uofr-final-31mar13-en.pdf).  Section four
is the heart of the report with section six outlining the recommendations.
Sections 6.2, 6.3, and 6.4 are mostly coupled to our MetRep effort here.

The second attachment is starter list of notes collected from staff's
interactions with the Council to get this effort started.  As Mikey
mentioned today, none of this is necessarily meant to be content for our
charter, but it's really more about getting the creative juices flowing.  It
is an informal list of possible topics for the group to think about as we
define the WG's deliverables and scope.

Because several of our members are new, I've also provided links to Charter
examples of past efforts (a few non-PDP, one PDP):

.         Non-PDP - RAPWG (WG that created the recommendation for this
effort) -
http://gnso.icann.org/en/issues/registration-abuse/rap-charter-07july09.html

.         PDP - Locking of Domain Name Subject to UDRP:
http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/locking-domain-name-udrp-proceedings-charter-05
mar12-en.pdf

.         Non-PDP - Consumer Metrics for new gTLDs WG:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=CMG
<https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=CMG&title=3.++WG
+Charter> &title=3.++WG+Charter

.         Non-PDP - Policy & Implementation WG:
https://community.icann.org/display/PIWG/3.+WG+Charter

For now, we are targeting to have the MetRep charter completed in time for
the Council to consider and approve at the Buenos Aires meeting.  I've
attached the first draft work plan for your review.  We are primarily
concerned with tasks 6 thru 13 with 10 Nov 2013 being the deadline we have
to submit documents and motions to the Council.  You will notice that leaves
us three weeks of meetings from today until the deadline.  This is my first
run of using a new project management tool for ICANN, so the current Gantt
chart is not too useful.  I will continue to improve it as we move closer to
forming the WG, but at least the general tasks are listed.

Please expect to see a few other emails about electing our Chair and other
matters.  If you have any questions, please post them to the mail list and I
will be happy to answer them.

Thank you all for your participation today.  B

Berry Cobb

720.839.5735

mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

@berrycobb