ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] List etiquette

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] List etiquette
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 15:54:34 +0100

May I make the following request to help improve efficiency? I do this as
someone returning
from leave and reading many, many e-mails.

1. Please think twice before choosing a reply to sender and a reply to all. To
who are you
really communicating?
2. On a list such as this, never reply to all but reply to the list (to avoid
duplication).
3. If you want to be polite and thank someone for doing something, then thank
them by a
reply to sender (but don't copy the whole list). We all know you are lovely
polite people -
we don't need reminding !

Stick to these simple rules and our e mail traffic will reduce by around half
as we no
longer waste time deleting duplicates  and "thank you"  e-mails. It will also
do wonders for
RSI injuries.

Philip