ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] FW: Seoul planning

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] FW: Seoul planning
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:25:29 -0400

Because of the excessive amount of work happening in the three OSC WTs, I
believe it would be helpful for the OSC to hold a meeting in Seoul.  As always,
teleconference capabilities would be available but the time difference may
create some challenges for those not in Korea.

An afternoon meeting in Seoul on Sunday, 25 October would probably be best so
that any in-person WT meetings could be held in advance of that. A 2 pm meeting
in Korea would be the following times in other time zones: 6 am in Brussels; 3
am in Buenos Aires; 1 am in D.C.; 10 pm in Los Angeles.  Times in the AsiaPac
region would be more reasonable.  Choosing an earlier time would improve the
hour for the Americas but make it worse for Europe.

It would be helpful to know which OSC members are not planning to be present in
Seoul on Sunday, 25 October and who might be available to participate via phone
on that day.  Please communicate your anticipated status in that regard ASAP to
help me in picking a time that is not too bad for those who will be calling in.
 Also, please indicate the time zone for where you would be calling from.

Thanks, Chuck