ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Letter to CCT -- Draft v5

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] OSC Letter to CCT -- Draft v5
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 21:31:48 +0100

Hi,

By mentioning civility without mentioning tolerance, you weighed one over the
other.

Whenever a group begins to enforce some rule of proper and acceptable speech
all speech becomes threatened.  It is only by explicitly pairing the notion of
civility with tolerance that we have a chance of avoiding that situation.

By mentioning one, without the other in the note, you avoided balance in the
matter.  That to me represents advocating one position over the other.

a.