ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] FOR ADOPTION May 14 - GCOT Ops Section 2.4 board seats

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] FOR ADOPTION May 14 - GCOT Ops Section 2.4 board seats
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:26:42 +0200

Dear OSC members,
FOR REVIEW AND ADOPTION by May 14

Please find attached a revised Section 2.4  of the GNSO operating manual on the
election of Board seats by the GNSO.
The changes - best seen in the red line version - address a specific issue
raised by Avri Doria.
For me this concludes the outstanding items and I believe it is ready for
adoption by the OSC and forwarding to Council.
For good order I propose until May 14 for you approvals or other comments.
Below are notes from GCOT on how they addressed the issues raised.
Philip

  _____

There was only one recommendation from Avri to clarify paragraph 2.4.3
concerning the process for submitting revisions to the House procedures.   See
new language below (redlined in the attached document):

2.4.3  Detailed Election Procedures

"Each House is responsible for establishing its own internal procedures for
nominations, interviews, voting, and candidate selection; however, those
processes must be documented and forwarded to the GNSO Council for inclusion as
ANNEXES to the GNSO Operating Procedures.  If a House subsequently elects to
alter its procedures, such amendments must be submitted to the GNSO Council
before becoming effective so that the procedures accurately reflect the actual
processes and activities performed by each House in selecting its candidate. "

Wolf-Ulrich raised a point about Board Seat #14's timing and the need for the
NCP House to begin discussing its preparations (and developing procedures) for
that election.   To facilitate the NCPH's planning in that regard, I note that,
at the end of paragraph 2.4.2-Timing, there is a clause that reads:

"At the request of the House, the GNSO Secretariat will develop a specific
schedule with actual dates in accordance with the above timeline. "