ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

[gnso-osc] Motion to Approve CCT Recommendations

  • To: <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-osc] Motion to Approve CCT Recommendations
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 10:45:48 +0200

On the general point
There needs to be a balance between being thorough and being effective.
I have strong concerns if we create a process that spends months and months to
produce recommendations by multi-stakeholder teams, reviewed by a
multi-stakeholder steering committee, then sent to a multi-stakeholder Council,
and then finds there is more substantial work to do.

At some point a judgement has to be taken, a recommendation adopted, and work
started to bring about change.
To date we have only talked about change.

If public comments are not substantive then let us please move on and act.

Moreover, there comes a point when a group will wish to know their work is done
and that they are discharged.

On the specific public comments on the CCT report (Note previous subject lines
were in error referring to CSG)
There were 3 on-topic public comments.
Two from bodies that were able to participate in the process and both in support
of the report.
One from ex staff who raises issues relevant to the implementation.

So Chuck please do proceed to make the motion and start the work on the changes
the community are calling for !

Philip