ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council procedures - avoiding abstention - proxy vote - approval by April 15

  • To: "'Ron Andruff'" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, <gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council procedures - avoiding abstention - proxy vote - approval by April 15
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:45:52 -0400

To clarify from WG perspective, a respective SG/C charter would have to be
"brought inline" in order to take advantage of the new proxy procedure being
recommended.  But the autonomy to do so (update of the charter) was to left
to each SG/C to decide on their own if they wanted to.  The proxy procedures
were not intended for those SG/C's that have chosen not to capture it, which
is where I will agree with Ron.

Hope this helps.

Ray