ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-osc]

Re: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures

  • To: gnso-osc@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-osc] GNSO Council Proxy Procedures
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:30:05 -0500

Hi,

I agree Chuck, but i don't know when i ever said simplicity was a reason not to
fix things.

My point was that while those of us who spent a year talking about this stuff
understood the twists and turns of the logic and might even able to show the
ontogeny of that icannian logic, even talented lawyers with GNSO experience
among the council members were baffled when they read what was written.

Sometime I think it was like software that is too clever for its own good.
Often what seems really a really elegant solution, e.g. a routine that has
multiple functionality or a variable with multiple bindings, doesn't really
work and can't be understood or maintained.  Simplicity, even if it takes a few
more sentences that seem 90% repetitive, is usually what is fit for purpose.

a.