ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

[gnso-rap-dt] How AT&T handles copyright abuse complaints

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-rap-dt] How AT&T handles copyright abuse complaints
  • From: George Kirikos <icann+rap@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 10:08:41 -0400

Hi folks,

There was an interesting article in CNET yesterday, in regards to how
AT&T handles copyright complaints as an ISP:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-10204514-93.html

""AT&T is not going to suspend or terminate anyone's policy without a
court order."

"We're not a finder of fact and under no circumstances would we ever
suspend or terminate service based on an allegation from a third
party."

"What we do is send notices and keep track of violations and IP
addresses," Cicconi said. "It's our view that any stronger action has
got to rest with the copyright owner...That's what the courts are
there for."

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/