ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-rap-dt]

Re: [gnso-rap-dt] for discussion: the definition of "abuse"

  • To: gnso-rap-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-rap-dt] for discussion: the definition of "abuse"
  • From: Roland Perry <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 20:07:17 +0100

In message <1F6DC22F69E641C3AEA816ECF7A7A126@xxxxxxxxxxx>, at 14:26:11 on Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Greg Aaron <gaaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Comments from others?

I'm wondering if the definition of abuse shouldn't be something entirely new !

Different registries operate under different legal systems and therefore are likely to have different rules. So an alternative is to say that "abuse is: That which infringes a Registry's policy".

The current discussion is then relegated to another of the group's objectives, which paraphrased is (I believe) "recommend an illustrative set of registry policies which capture some sort of global consensus regarding disapproved behaviour".
--
Roland Perry