ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-sti]

RE: [gnso-sti] Draft STI Report

  • To: "gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-sti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-sti] Draft STI Report
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 22:16:32 -0500

Agreed. Alan

At 05/12/2009 10:27 AM, McGradyP@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thanks Margie!

1 quick comment. In the IP Claims Notice we talked about including a sentence informing a potential registrant that not all trademark registries conduct substantive evaluation. I proposed a second sentence to the following paragraph:

Please read the trademark information below carefully, including the trademarks, jurisdictions, and goods and service for which the trademarks are registered. Please be aware that not all jurisdictions review trademark applications closely, so some of the trademark information below may exist on a national or regional registry even though it has not been substantively reviewed by that jurisdiction's trademarks office. If you have questions, you may want to consult an attorney or legal expert on trademarks and intellectual property for guidance.

Kathy, any suggestions/improvements to the language? I know this is an important point for both NCSG and IPC in order for this notice to be useful, so I want to make sure we get it right. Thanks!

Best to all,

Paul

Paul D. McGrady, Jr.

Greenberg Traurig, LLP

77 West Wacker Drive, Suite 2500

Chicago, IL 60601

312 456 8426 tel

312 899 0407 fax

mcgradyp@xxxxxxxxx

Assistant: Loyanna Grierson (312) 236-4952 Direct Dial (312) 456-8435 Facsimile griersonl@xxxxxxxxx

Tax Advice Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS under Circular 230, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments), unless otherwise specifically stated, was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (1) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any matters addressed herein.

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, please send an email to <mailto:postmaster@xxxxxxxxx>postmaster@xxxxxxxxx.