ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-trans-wg]

[gnso-trans-wg] RE: Revised Document

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-trans-wg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-trans-wg] RE: Revised Document
  • From: Olof Nordling <olof.nordling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:11:40 -0800

Chuck and all,
I've been doing some "transfers documents forensics", preparing for the
housekeeping section of our document. In so doing I found that we can just
discard the letter references to the issues - contrary to what I said
yesterday. As I recalled, the letters do refer to the 23 August -08 document
from the Transfers Review Group, but only in an indirect way. Since that
document had multiple headings with issues for each heading numbered 1, 2, 3
etc, the prioritization group introduced a reference a,b,c... sequentially for
all the issues when they began their work. They finally ended up with the
numeric references we've now got, which also gives that group's verdict on
priority order. Those numeric references are fine to keep for us (I'll explain
and link to the relevant document in my homework), but the letter references
are pretty useless and can/should be skipped. Saves ink and bits.

Best regards

Olof