ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] a first idea to trash

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] a first idea to trash
  • From: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 00:26:19 +0100

My understanding is that the current group only works on the charter and that a
new group is formed once the charter is approved. That new group is the WG.

If we blend these two steps into one, I expect you will find more people
wanting to be on the charter drafting team, thereby overloading that team.

The two should be kept distinct in my opinion, with a validation by council
step after the charter has been produced and then a call for WG participation.

Also, I would suggest you are starting this discussion a little early. We don't
yet have every SG or constituency's rep on the charter DT and therefore the
mailing list is limited to a few people at the moment.

Stéphane