ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: [ntfy-gnso-vi-feb10] REMINDER / Vertical Integration PDP Charter Drafting Team - Wednesday 17 February at 1800 UTC

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: [ntfy-gnso-vi-feb10] REMINDER / Vertical Integration PDP Charter Drafting Team - Wednesday 17 February at 1800 UTC
  • From: Jean-Christophe Vignes <jcvrussia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 21:34:11 +0300

Dear all,

I'm sorry that Internet and troublesome phone system prevented me from joining the call.

In the meantime here's my take on the points below:
1. Roll call.

Please accept my apologies

2. Draft charter discussion - Review of comments made in the last 2 days + comments from each team member?
Congratulations on the work done so far. I still believe we should be extremely mindful of setting reachable goals and not broaden the PDP scope too much. Also while VI and CO can be relatively abstract concepts let's not forget they could have strong and real repercutions for future TLDs (dotBrand).

3. Timetable discussion - Is there consensus for the 23 Feb cutoff date suggested by Stéphane for comments from SGs and constituencies?

Yes

4. Next steps - Is the group OK to request that the Council approve the charter online, so as to avoid loosing any time for the WG?

Time is of the essence - yes

5. Next steps - Does the group have suggestions for the Council on how to set-up the WG (e.g. would members of the DT like to also move on to the WG)?

Yes I would.

6. AOB

Please feel free to comment.

Thanks and speak to you all later.