ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: "livability"

  • To: "'Avri Doria'" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] RE: "livability"
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:12:32 -0400

"The focus needs to be on the list of harms and how a Registrar or Registry may
be
restrained in the event that it is detected that a certain Registry or
Registrar is engaged
in harmful practices. The measures can vary from relaxing Registrar
accreditation fees
and rules to increase the number of Registrars to foster better competition,
issuing
directives to a Registry to treat all Registrars on par, to withdrawal of
accreditation of a
Registrar to even directing a Registry to stop registering any more names."