ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] REVISED Proposal-support poll

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] REVISED Proposal-support poll
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 06:58:10 -0700

Thanks Mikey. I agree with you. This poll was primarily for the WG to
determine where its members stood, to help with the interim report
preparation, and possibly facilitate further discussion/negotiation
between the members.

Any poll open to the public, and modifiable by anyone has limited
usefullness. That's why only the WG members' responses on this one are
useful, because they can all be verified directly with the WG member.

But the security and identity issues cannot be downplayed, not just in
this WG but in all future WGs. Right now the WG thing is too easy to
game and monkey with, which makes it very easy to challenge. Remember,
these WGs are not developing *optional* technical standards, they are
developing regulation. Hopefully the PPSC will take this into
consideration when reviewing the work product of their work teams.

Tim