ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals

  • To: vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Proposed Addendum to Proposals
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:18:57 -0400

On Jun 15, 2010, at 12:33 PM, Volker Greimann - Key-Systems GmbH wrote:

> Fellow registrars and registries and service providers will not sit idly by
> when their competitor uses their position in an abuseive manner. The
> penalties must be designed to really hurt the abuser and for a minimum,
> deprive him of everything gained through the abuse.

I agree.  It is equally important not to penalize behavior that is essential to
the survival of a business.  If you do, you will simply create a class of
"criminals."  Therefore it is important for everyone in the group to consider
the real-world situation of small registries.  Because the health of the
industry is important for the health of each individual participants, we need
to be careful to make rules that encourage competition.

Antony