ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll -- NEW ONE -- looking at "atoms" this time

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll -- NEW ONE -- looking at "atoms" this time
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:13:45 -0400

From: Stéphane Van Gelder [stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx]
>Just one point of clarification: in a sense, the Board and the wider community
>already have this information as the VI WG mailing list is public.
>
>Having said that, I agree it's not the same as including information in a
>formal report...

Thanks, Stephane, that's all I am saying. The report, i still believe, should
note that
a) none of the proposals had full consensus
b) different approaches to ownership gained support/alienated different sectors
c) the most popular proposal - which nevertheless was still far from consensus
- proposed to eliminate all ownership controls and rely on other mechanisms to
prevent harm
d) document the support levels received by the DAGv4 and Board resolution