ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU text

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU text
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 23:22:06 -0400

Tim,
Your 4-point summary is pretty good, except for #3.

The report should note that SRSU has substantial support; in particular, we
should point out that representatives from both user Stakeholder Groups are
solidly behind it; and that the main opposition to SRSU comes from incumbent
registries and registrars who are concerned about its competitive implications.
Even so, some prospective registries also support the notion.

--MM